Sunday, June 10, 2012

Zesty Bean Salad

A very colorful, high fiber, high protein salad! When my husband found out supper consisted of roast beef and this salad, he didn't look too pleased! He always wants three groups of food on his plate. LOL So just to make him happy and added a slice of my favorite homemade bread Flaxseed bread with low fat cream cheese on top and he was a happy camper. This salad is very filling. A perfect side dish for chicken, fish or grilled meat. Next time I make this, I'm going to sprinkle a bit of feta on top... just because I can!


















Ingredients:
1 small can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can kernel corn
1 cup cut green beans (fresh or canned)
1 cup cut yellow beans (fresh or canned)
1 tomato chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
1 avocado chopped
1/2 cup chooped yellow pepper
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
3-4 tbsps olive oil
Juice of one lime
4-5 tbsps vinegar (I used salad vinegar blend) red wine vinegar is a nice choice
fresh pepper
salt (optional)

Directions:
Add ingredients to big bowl in order shown. Toss and mix gently. Let marinate in refrigerator before serving. Although I am always pressed for time... I make and we eat now!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...