Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chocolate Macadamia Biscotti

Time and time again people have told me they have never made biscotti because they think it's really hard. Well... no no no... biscotti is easy peasy... believe me! I found a cookbook at the thrift store called 'The Cake Doctor'. There are over 200 foolproof, quick and easy recipes for coffee cakes, bars, brownies and frostings. There's chocolate cakes, special occasion cakes, cheesecakes and gooey cakes! AND biscotti!




















Chocolate Macadamia Bisotti
adapted from 'The Cake Doctor" by Anne Byrn

Parchment paper for the pan
1 pkg. plain devils food cake mix
8 tbsps. butter melted
2 large eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts (I used chopped walnuts)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place cake mix, melted butter, eggs, flour, and nuts in a big bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended, 3-4 minutes. The dough should come together into a ball. Shape dough into a ball and roll into a 14" rectangle.
3. Place baking sheet in oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and let the biscotti cool for 10 minutes. Leave the oven on.
4. Use a serrated bread knife to slice the biscotti in 1 inch thick slices. Carefully turn the slices on to their sides. Return the baking sheet to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Let cool for 10 minutes and then eat!!!

NOTES: It didn't work well for me using my hand blender. The mix was a bit on the dry side. So I dumped the bowl of dough onto my cutting board and mixed it with my hands. I made three rectangles. Other than that they turned out just fine. Not hard and crunchy, but soft and chewy in the middle.
PS: I pretty much had to freeze the whole batch expect for 3-4... Hubby would eat them all while watching tv....

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was
    just curious if you get a lot of spam comments?
    If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.


    Feel free to visit my web page ... Green Coffee Diets

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...