Sunday, October 28, 2012

CHAI TEA

I made chai tea today for the first time. We actually like it! We haven't been chai tea lovers in the past... (I think we had a cup at Starbucks last year) and it did not agree with us. But I thought I would make a pot of homemade and we are pleasantly surprised! Mmmmmm So here's my recipe...














2 cups water
1-2 tea bags (I used one since we don't like strong tea to begin with)
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp ground cardamom
1-2 whole cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 cups milk
2 tbsps sugar or more if you like it sweeter
whipped cream - optional
ground cinnamon - optional

In a small saucepan, combine the water, tea bag/s, cinnamon stick, cardamom, clove and ginger. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in milk; return to a boil for 1 minute.
Strain; discard tea bag and cloves. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Pour into mugs. Garnish with whipped cream, ground cinnamon and cinnamon stick if desired.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...