Monday, July 23, 2012

Cornflake Chocolate Chip Cookies


Adapted from, cookrepublic.com
Ingredients:
125g butter, chopped, softened
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 cups cornflakes
2/3 cup milk chocolate bits

Method
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large flat baking tray with baking paper (I used my pampered chef stoneware baking sheet, so I did not line with paper)

Using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. **Add flour. Mix on low speed until just combined. Add milk. Stir until dough comes together. Using a wooden spoon, stir in cornflakes and chocolate bits. ( I also added a big handful of miniature marshmallows)

Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on the baking paper a few centimetres apart, allowing room to spread. Flatten slightly with finger tips or spatula.

Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes until light golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookie mixture.


** I didn't have self-rising flour in my pantry. I used all purpose flour and added 2 tsp of baking powder to the recipe.
They have a bit of a crunch to them! Yummy!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...