Sunday, March 4, 2012

Shepherds' Pie Recipe

I love to cook and collect cookbooks! Especially cookbooks that are from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's. This shepherds' pie recipe is from a cookbook called: 'Seventh Heaven'. Heavenly recipes from the Gordon Head Grade Sevens. Here's the write up for the recipe.

"My Great Nanny Ivy lived in Ascot, England. When my Great Nanny was 18 she cooked at Windsor Castle, near London. One of the dishes she cooked was Shepherds' Pie.

Well heck... I just had to try it! Comfort food for my sweetie indeed!
Here's the recipe...





































My husband and I thought it was DELISH!
I did make a few changes.
I used 6 large potatoes not 8.
I cooked the onions in 1-2 tbsp. of oil, not 1/4 cup!
I only used 2 packets of beef oxo not 4.
I baked it for 35 minutes @ 375.
And as far as making a design on the potatoes. NOT!
Hahahaha just sqiggley lines with my fork! lol
Give this a try! If you do, please drop me a line or two and let me know if you liked it.
Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...